Thursday 1 May 2014

Aprils smalls

Hello my friends.
I`m a little behind on my posting as my computer
 had a checkup and then I  had a scan on my left shoulder
yesterday,so no time to post!


My Small for April was this lovely needle roll
`Botanical Sewing Pocket and Fob`.
A `Chessie & Me` design.
Love the fabrics that came in this kit.
This folds in three to close with a cord.


The front with flowers and alphabet 
on the checked linen.
Weeks Dye Works threads as suggested:
Bullfrog, Cadet, Cranberry Ice, Grasshopper,
Linen, Rose Quartz and Whiskey.
The next three photos are of the flowers.





The center which I changed slightly but still using the pattern 
as had plenty of checked linen in kit to do so.
Plus there was no waste left.


On the fob is a `bee` but I am still fond of my 
`cat` made from another of Linda`s patterns. 
Found some gold handled scissors to attach fob to.


Instead of pins and needles sharing a place I separated them to each side.
The pins I used `Lilly of the Valley` flower.


For the needle flap I kept to patterns flower.


Hope you have enjoyed this short visit with me.
Happy Stitching,
Clare.
PS: Hubby`s vision improving but still has time off work.
Waiting for another checkup appointment with surgeon.

14 comments:

  1. Nice! I love sets like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous set you stitched! I love everything about it, the checked linen, colors and you did such a wonderful job of finishing.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful finish Clare! So sweet.
    I hope that everything is ok with your shoulder and that your DH is doing well.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Clare - it may be a 'small' but there does look like a lot of work in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is really beautiful. I can't quite make out the full cover on the first photo, but I do love the flowers and the inside is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. did you know you have word verification on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely small, Clare! Beautiful stitching and finishing, too! Glad to hear that your hubby is feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Clare

    Beautiful Lily of the Valley!!
    I also did other this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Clare, the Lily of the Valley is so pretty.... happy stitching to you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous project Clare. It's so delicate and the colours are beautiful. Hope your shoulder is OK and that your hubbys eye is back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete