Thursday, 1 May 2014

Aprils smalls

Hello my friends.
I`m a little behind on my posting as my computer
 had a checkup and then I  had a scan on my left shoulder
yesterday,so no time to post!


My Small for April was this lovely needle roll
`Botanical Sewing Pocket and Fob`.
A `Chessie & Me` design.
Love the fabrics that came in this kit.
This folds in three to close with a cord.


The front with flowers and alphabet 
on the checked linen.
Weeks Dye Works threads as suggested:
Bullfrog, Cadet, Cranberry Ice, Grasshopper,
Linen, Rose Quartz and Whiskey.
The next three photos are of the flowers.





The center which I changed slightly but still using the pattern 
as had plenty of checked linen in kit to do so.
Plus there was no waste left.


On the fob is a `bee` but I am still fond of my 
`cat` made from another of Linda`s patterns. 
Found some gold handled scissors to attach fob to.


Instead of pins and needles sharing a place I separated them to each side.
The pins I used `Lilly of the Valley` flower.


For the needle flap I kept to patterns flower.


Hope you have enjoyed this short visit with me.
Happy Stitching,
Clare.
PS: Hubby`s vision improving but still has time off work.
Waiting for another checkup appointment with surgeon.

16 comments:

  1. Nice! I love sets like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous set you stitched! I love everything about it, the checked linen, colors and you did such a wonderful job of finishing.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful finish Clare! So sweet.
    I hope that everything is ok with your shoulder and that your DH is doing well.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Clare - it may be a 'small' but there does look like a lot of work in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is really beautiful. I can't quite make out the full cover on the first photo, but I do love the flowers and the inside is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. did you know you have word verification on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a little beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely small, Clare! Beautiful stitching and finishing, too! Glad to hear that your hubby is feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Clare

    Beautiful Lily of the Valley!!
    I also did other this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Clare, the Lily of the Valley is so pretty.... happy stitching to you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous project Clare. It's so delicate and the colours are beautiful. Hope your shoulder is OK and that your hubbys eye is back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's gorgeous, congratulations

    ReplyDelete